SAGE Ltd: Continuing the Journey to Transform Gender Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in Australia’s Higher Education and Research Sector
Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) began as a Pilot program in 2015. It was modelled on the UK’s Athena Swan Charter (Advance HE), a framework for improving gender equity and diversity in science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM); specifically, within higher education and research.
https://www.sciencegenderequity.org.au/cohort-applications/[Reports on website]
2. Athena Swan Charter. Advance HE.
https://www.advance-he.ac.uk/. [Charter doc-uments on website].
3. Athena Swan Principles. 2021. https://www.advance-he.ac.uk/equality-charters/athena-swan-charter#principles
4. Higher education sector commits to pre-serve gender equity during and after COVID-19 (2020).
https://www.sciencegenderequity.org.au/?s=joint+sector+position+statement&submit=Search. SAGE News, 17 June. [News arti-cle]
5. National Innovation and Science Agenda. https://www.industry.gov.au/policies-and-initiatives/boosting-innovation-and-science. [Australian Government Policy Agenda on web-site]
6. Putting Gender on your Agenda. 2018. Science in Australia Gender Equity. Evaluating the introduc-tion of Athena SWAN into Australia.
https://www.sciencegenderequity.org.au/wp-con-tent/uploads/2018/12/SAGE_Report_44pp_SCREEN.pdf. [Report on website]
7. SAGE Cohort Applications https://www.sciencegenderequity.org.au/cohort-applications/
8. SAGE Cygnet Awards. 2020.
https://www.sciencegenderequity.org.au/what-sage-does/#SAGE-cygnet-awards [Award doc-uments on website]
9. Athena Swan Bronze Awardees (ASBA) 2019-2021.
10. Australian Higher Education Joint Sector Position Statement. October 2020. Preserving Gender Eq-uity as A Higher Education Priority During and After Covid-19.
11. Science in Australia Gender Equity Forum: Gen-der Equity in Science Workshop – November 2014. Summary of Workshop Findings.
https://www.sciencegenderequity.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/SAGE-Forum-Workshop-2014-Summary_Report.pdf [Report on website]
12. The Hartley Report. December 2020. https://www.sciencegenderequity.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/The-Hartley-Report-Precis-2020-evaluation-of-the-SAGE-peer-review-process.pdf [Report on website]